Thursday, July 26, 2012
"chubby, single and ready for a pringle"
so I was sitting around thinking about things that could take up my ample amounts of time. i get so tired of watching crappy television and random crap on netflix. there's always the option of reading and i do often pick up a book to read the next chapter in my latest novel. but 15 minutes into that puts me right to sleep. then i wake up and realize that ive only read 6 pages of something and forgotten what my name is. ive done random pinterest projects that either turn out looking like a kindergarten art fair or cost me $50. those obviously can't happen too often. so here i am. at the bowels of boredom, wasting away. but apparently, great things come to those who are sitting in gross, intestine-like places (remember jonah?). i happened upon an idea that i would start up a blog about where i am, right now (i promise not to talk about bowels or intestines anymore...maybe) in life. and mainly, that is to describe the life of a single woman who is waiting. you may have no wish to induldge in the witless rantings of my life, but i promise that it will not be a pity-fest of "why me, Lord?" but more of what it's like to wait and make myself trust that God has my best in mind. so if you're down, let's go!
you may read this and say to yourself: "okay, she's only 27. why's it so important to her that she's not married yet?" I think that the society we live in here in the south supports that moreso than anything else. and probably this fact: ALL of my friends are married and having kids, ON PURPOSE! yes, i do have a small, small percentage of friends that are not married, but most of those people are actually in really serious relationships. so, to sum it up, i basically feel like the kid on the ball field that's been left out when all the teams have been picked. and i don't say that for pity's sake. like i said, this is to explain the life of the single woman. and im sure that there are single guys that may feel similarly when all their friends have gotten married. its just the hand that ive been dealt right now. and its okay. but that's not to say that its always easy. i think more than anything that i struggle with is not having anyone to come home to. i told a great friend of mine the other day that sometimes, "i just want to sit in a room with another person." married couples have their thing. there is always someone to be with. and i guess in some cases, that can be looked at in a negative light. some married people reading this could probably say, "i love when i have my alone time!" but ive had 27 years of alone time. im ready for the real love of my life to spend a night on the couch with. im ready to come home to a house that has someone else in it besides maddox...and that is in no way inviting some pyschopath to break in (great, i'll have to check the closets and bathroom now). but as i said in the introductory paragraph, im having to make myself trust that God has my best in store. i find that sometimes, i have to force my faith! and when i truly think about it, it sounds crazy to me because i know that God loves me and wants the absolute best for me. i think i just have less faith in man following out God's plan. but once again, FORCING it out! :)truly, God looked at Adam and knew that it wasn't good for man to be alone. so i know that he has to look at me sometimes and know that its not good for me to be alone. my aspirations alone could get me into trouble in a day!
so this is me. im here waiting. two of my very best friends have told me in the past month that it makes them sad because they know the waiting "hurts." and it truly does. but i know that young women and men alike have waited just like i have for the same things that i want. i refuse to settle for anything less than what God has destined for me. i want to marry my best friend. i want to marry a man that cant imagine living another day without being married to me. and most of all, i want to marry a man that is so in love with God that my love comes second. and if that man just happens to be tim tebow, then amen and amen Lord. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know that you may not know me but I am friends with Paige and I seen where she liked your link on FB so I decided I would check it out and read your blog posts. I want you to know that I am the girl you are describing....I fee the EXACT SAME way that you do with your friends getting married and having children and then here I am 26 and not dating anyone. I am much like you in knowing that God has that person set out for me but I will be quite honest (as you very well know), it is HARD and depressing in some aspects. I want you to know that I am exactly where you are and feel the exact same things you do. I am glad to know that I am now alone in my feelings. :) Thanks for your posts because I definitely needed to read then and assure myself that God's hand is in my life and He will take care of me.
ReplyDeleteTiffany Nguyen :)